Client: Minnesota Departments of Education and Human Services
Early Childhood Education Program Standards and Indicators, Stakeholder Consultation and Decision Support: Worked with joint Education and Human Services Workgroup responding to Legislative direction to prepare a set of common early childhood program standards and quality indicators to inform a statewide Quality Rating and Improvement System framework (later known as Parent Aware).
Designed and conducted robust statewide stakeholder consultation on these draft program standards and indicators that brought in thousands in perspectives — including from underrepresented stakeholders.
Thank you for implementing the agenda and bringing the input to life – and moving us along to decisions. I am amazed we moved as far through the material as we did – so thanks again for the strong facilitation. The meeting had a great tone and a good sense of cooperation, which was really helpful. I appreciate the knowledge and experience you brought.
— Eileen Nelson, Minnesota Department of Education
– Numerous focus groups and input sessions around the state in partnership with local agencies, organizations, and providers
– Routine mapping of in-person and online input to ensure geographic distribution
– Selected interviews
– Targeted community meetings
– Online survey
– Multiple workgroup sessions
– Comprehensive analysis and Final Report to MDE-DHS that supported a key section of the report to the Minnesota State Legislature
Compiled, analyzed, and prepared all input for thoughtful Workgroup review, and supported a multiagency team to make decisions informed by that input and prepare final recommendations for the Legislature.